Because some participants will arrive earlier to Lisbon, we prepared some activities for you.
On the evening of 30 of April, you have a chance to meet with other participants, find familiar faces and enjoy what the city has to offer. We tried to arrange an itinerary that can show you how young Portuguese people can enjoy the last hours of sun and Lisbons’s night live.
Jardim do Príncipe Real (Príncipe Real Garden)
We are starting the pre-party at 19h00 in the park, so you can find us in the restaurant bar called Esplanada Café do Príncipe Real. We are going to take something to eat there and then stay for a while. The name of the main street is Rua da Escola Politécnica. You can find the photo of the Garden below.
Around this garden you can find different types of restaurants, such as vegetarian, fish and meat places. However, Esplanada Café do Príncipe Real, will have a special menu for us based on the tapas concept (wide variety of small savoury dishes).
For adventurous ones, you can look for the place on the map and explore your way there. Depending on where you are staying, you can take the bus or the subway, however, subway doesn’t stop exactly there.
The party will continue in the following places:
22h30| Santos, Largo de Santos
00h30| MAIN (Disco) Avenida 24 de Julho, nº 68
We managed to get free entrances for everyone in a disco here, so we can go and dance at the sound of pop music and Brazilian hits. To get there we need to walk for a while, so we can leave the Garden at 22H00 and when we arrived you going to find a street with some bars and pubs where we can hang out for a while before entering the disco.
How to get to Príncipe Real Garden?
- Subway: depending from where you are coming from, subway is a good choice. Just look to the map and you going to find the way from two different subway stations that are near to the meeting point. Price of the one-way ticket is 1.40 euros. If you want to buy a 24-hours ticket, it will cost you 6 euros.
- Yellow Line: Get off at the station Rato, is a 10 minute walk following the Rua da Escola Politécnica.
- Intersection between the Blue and Green line: Get off at Baixa-Chiado station, the Chiado, and go up Rua do Alecrim (is about 10-15 minute walk).
- If you need more information, see here the site of Metropolitano de Lisboa, with the network map.
- Bus: You can find several buses that stop really next to the garden, just need to search for the “Princípe Real” stop and for these numbers: 758 (Benfica – Cais do Sodré) e 773 (Alcantara – Rato). The price for the one-way bus ticket is 1.80 euros.More info check: http://carris.transporteslisboa.pt/en/home/
If you have any doubts, you can contact:
José Pedro Pires +351 969944218
Ricardo Viegas +351 910773074